The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (EDL) program, which results in an EdD degree, will prepare you to understand and apply relevant research and theory as a leader of K-12 schools, universities, community colleges or other educational organizations. Designed to accommodate your schedule as a working professional, this three-year program trains you to become a critically conscious leader with the skills to address inequities in education that affect learning opportunities and outcomes. Applicants to this program must have a master’s degree, leadership experience and a minimum of three years of full-time work experience relevant to the concentration to which they are applying.Apply Learn More
The EDL program will prepare you to:
- Critically reflect on the way your position in society and your worldview supports or impedes your ability to lead effectively.
- Critically reflect on institutional oppression and develop strategies to create equity.
- Foster continuous organizational improvement and ensure compliance with laws, policies and mandates.
- Think strategically and use evidence-based research to assess effectiveness and improve practice for all learners.
- Model high standards of ethical practice.
- Educational Psychology
- Higher Education Administration
- K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings
- Leading Instructional Change
Related Programs at USC Rossier
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (online)
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership (online)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Urban Education Policy
- Global Executive Doctor of Education (hybrid)
People are saying
Amir Whitaker – EDL – ’11
The educational psychology expertise I gained at USC has really helped me understand the struggles schools face with student motivation.
The Admissions Committee seeks candidates whose academic background, work experience, leadership abilities, and communication skills meet the demands of the program and show promise for a successful career as an educational leader.
Interim Director of Recruitment and Marketing
Office of Admissions and Scholarships