The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (EDL) is a three year degree program designed for working professionals who aspire to be educational leaders. Students strengthen their skills for leading groups in high-performing schools, districts, universities, and other organizations and connecting relevant research with practice. Candidates for this program must have earned a master’s degree and have at least three to five years of work experience in a related field.
The program is designed for working professionals with classes offered at times that minimize conflict with work obligations. USC Rossier offers this program on the USC campus in Los Angeles, California and at the USC Orange County Center in Irvine, California.
Four concentration areas are offered at the USC campus:
- Educational Psychology
- Higher Education Administration
- K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings
- Teacher Education in Multicultural Societies (TEMS)
The Orange County site offers a blended concentration of K-12 Leadership and Higher Education Administration.
- Administration in Higher Education
- School Leadership and Instructional Improvement
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership (OCL)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Urban Education Policy (PhD)
- Global Executive Doctor of Education (Global EdD)
People are saying
Glenn Medeiros – EDL Hawaii – ‘14
USC really wants its students to succeed, reach new heights, and truly become 21st Century leaders.
The Admissions Committee seeks candidates whose academic background, work experience, leadership abilities, and communication skills meet the demands of the program and show promise for a successful career as an educational leader.