The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (EDL) program, which results in an EdD degree, will prepare you to lead in K-12 schools, universities, community colleges or other educational organizations. Designed for the working professional, this flexible, three-year program trains you to become a critically conscious leader who seeks to address problems of practice and takes action to address inequities in education. Meanwhile, you will advance your career and expand your professional opportunities. Candidates for this program must have earned a master’s degree and have at least three to five years of work experience in a related field.Apply Learn More
The EDL program will prepare you to:
- Critically reflect on the way your position in society and worldview supports or impedes your ability to lead effectively.
- Critically reflecton institutional oppression and develop strategies to create equity.
- Foster continuous organizational improvement and ensure compliance with laws, policies and mandates.
- Model high standards of ethical practice.
- Think strategically and use evidence-based research to assess effectiveness and improve practice for all learners.
- Educational Psychology
- Higher Education Administration
- K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings
- Teacher Education in Multicultural Societies (TEMS)
Related Programs at USC Rossier
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership (online)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Urban Education Policy
- Global Executive Doctor of Education (hybrid)
People are saying
Janet Mack – EDL ’14
Teacher leadership is not about power or authority, but it is about drawing upon the abilities, talents and skills of others in order to transform the quality of teaching and learning in our schools.
The Admissions Committee seeks candidates whose academic background, work experience, leadership abilities, and communication skills meet the demands of the program and show promise for a successful career as an educational leader.