The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership online (EDL online) program, which results in an EdD degree, will prepare you to understand and apply relevant research and theory as a leader of K-12 classrooms, schools and districts. Designed to accommodate your schedule as a working professional, this three-year program trains you to become a critically conscious leader with the skills to address inequities in education that affect learning opportunities and outcomes. Candidates for this program must have a master’s degree, a minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience and leadership experience.
The EDL online program is only offered for the K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings concentration.Apply Learn More
The EDL online program will prepare you to:
- Critically reflect on the way your position in society and your worldview supports or impedes your ability to lead effectively.
- Critically reflect on institutional oppression and develop strategies to create equity.
- Foster continuous organizational improvement and ensure compliance with laws, policies and mandates.
- Think strategically and use evidence-based research to assess effectiveness and improve practice for all learners.
- Model high standards of ethical practice.
- K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings
Related Programs at USC Rossier
The Admissions Committee seeks candidates whose academic background, work experience, leadership abilities, and communication skills meet the demands of the program and show promise for a successful career as an educational leader.
Office of Admissions and Scholarships