Themistocles (Themy) Sparangis, EdD is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education. He is responsible for IT Infrastructure for the Los Angeles Unified School District and reports directly to the Chief Information Officer. The IT Infrstructure group handles the network and data center operations, IT infrastructure projects, and IT Infrastructure architecture.
Sparangis obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in General Physics from the University of California, Los Angeles. He continued his graduate studies at the University of Southern California, where he obtained a Master of Science degree in Teacher Education and a Doctorate of Education, specializing in International Education. He is a credentialed Teacher in Secondary Physical Science, having taught Advanced Placement Physics, Physics, and Physical Science in the Los Angeles Unified School District. He also holds an Administrative Credential issued by the State of California.
Sparangis is a member of Phi Delta Kappa (PDK), the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and Computer Using Educators (CUE), the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN), and the International Council for Online Learning (iNACOL).
University of Southern California, Rossier School of Education 2011 – Present
- Adjunct Associate Professor
- Master f Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Educatinal Leadership (EDL)
- Organizatinal Change and Leadership Doctoral (OCL)
Los Angeles Unified School District 1985 - Present
- Senior Administrator, IT Infrastructure
- Senior ERP Director, School Management Systems
- Senior Director, Information Technology/Chief Technology Director, Educational Technology
- Director, IT Customer Support Services
- Teacher Adviser - Instructional Technology
- Technology and Magnet Coordinator
- Teacher (Physical Sciences)