- Assistant Professor of Education
- K-12 Education Policy
PhD, Vanderbilt University
- (213) 740-2190
- WPH 901E
Adam Kho is an Assistant Professor of Education at Rossier. His research focuses on using quantitative methods to examine both the intended and unintended consequences of various school reform efforts including school turnaround, schools of choice, and other education policies affecting traditionally underserved students. His research has been supported by the Walton Family Foundation, the Laura and John Arnold Foundation, and the U.S. Department of Education’s Race to the Top Grant. Previously, he taught high school mathematics and served as an instructional coach at an alternative school in Atlanta, Georgia.
Awards and Grants
- EEPA Outstanding Reviewer Award, 2021
- AERA School Turnaround and Reform SIG Emerging Scholar Award, 2021
- RAND AEP Scholarship, 2020
- Emerging Education Policy Scholars Program, 2020
- IES Summer Research Training Institute: Cluster Randomized Trials, 2019
- AERA Division L Outstanding Policy Report Award, 2017
- RAND Graduate Student Summer Associate, 2016
- UCEA Barbara L. Jackson Scholar, 2014-16
- EDUC 532: Inquiry I
- EDUC 536: Inquiry II
- EDUC 599: Practicum: Preparing Data for Quantitative Analyses
- EDUC 683: PhD Proseminar
- EDUC 717: Resourcing Schools for Equity and Excellence
- Kho, A., Zimmer, R. & McEachin, A. (2022). A Descriptive Analysis of Cream-Skimming and Push-Out in Choice versus Traditional Public Schools. Education Finance and Policy, 17(1), 160-187.
- Viano, S., Pham, L., Henry, G., Kho, A., & Zimmer, R. (2021). What Teachers Want: School Factors Predicting Teachers' Decisions to Work in Low-Performing Schools. American Educational Research Journal, 58(1), 201-233.
- Pham, L., Henry, G. T., Kho, A., & Zimmer, R. (2020). Sustainability and Maturation of School Turnaround: A Multiyear Evaluation of Tennessee's Achievement School District and Local Innovation Zones. AERA Open.
- Henry, G. T., Pham, L., Kho, A., & Zimmer, R. (2020). Peeking Into the Black Box of School Turnaround: A Formal Test of Mediators and Suppressors. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 42(2), 232-256.
- Zimmer, R., Henry, G. T. & Kho, A. (2017). The Effects of School Turnaround in Tennessee’s Achievement School District and Innovation Zones. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 39(4), 670-696.