Many people want to know if this is the right step for them. Some people have a clear path determined and are ready to make the leap to school leadership. Others are perhaps uncertain about the career path they want to take but know they want to take on a leadership role within their school or district. Whatever your path is, the School Leadership Academy can help you to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be a successful school leader.
How do I know if I’m ready to earn the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential?
Hear from experienced school leaders about their decision to take the next step in their career:
How do I know if have the essential qualities of a school leader?
Hear from experienced school leaders about what they believe to be the essential qualities of school leader:
What is the Application Process for School Leadership Academy?
Applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2021 cohort that starts the week of January 18, 2021. Admission is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis with a maximum of 30 students per cohort.
1. $25 non-refundable and non-transferable application fee
2. Two application essays
3. A copy of your current valid credential*
4. Your current professional resume
5. Copy of your current teaching and/or PPS credential
6. One letter of recommendation
7. Phone interview following satisfactory review of your application
* Due to recent changes in the CTC requirements, candidates may be required to submit their official transcripts from their undergraduate (BA/BS) degree upon completion of the school leadership academy program for recommendation to the CTC for the preliminary administrative services credential or certificate of eligibility.
Information about the program, the application process and application requirements are located in the School Leadership Academy Brochure.
Download the Brochure for complete details.
Please be sure to read the Application Instructions and Requirements before you start the application process.