The program is led by Joel Montero. As the Faculty Director, Mr. Montero has 37 years of service in public sector institutions in a variety of roles including superintendent of Novato Unified School District, assistant superintendent in curriculum and instruction, business, and personnel. Mr. Montero has been a principal, assistant principal, and classroom teacher. Recently retired, Mr. Montero served for over 25 years as the Chief Executive Officer for the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT), an independent and external statewide agency. Basic FCMAT operations include AB 1200/management and fiscal emergency assistance, professional and product development, California School Information Services (CSIS), the Educational Data web site, teleconferencing, and product development. Since 1997, Mr. Montero has played a key role in the development and implementation of CSIS an independent and external statewide program administered by the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT). CSIS is charged with facilitating the exchange and reporting of student information by local education agencies (LEAs) to the California Department of Education (CDE), other LEAs, postsecondary institutions, and other State agencies if authorized by law. One of CSIS’ responsibilities is to assist local education agencies with the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS).
- Michael Bishop, Former Deputy Superintendent of Business (Santa Ana Unified and Paramount Unified)
- Lynn David, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, Moorpark Unified School District
- Tami Ethier, Intervention Specialist, FCMAT
- Andrea Dodson, Intervention Specialist, FCMAT
- Pearl Iizuka, Former Deputy Superintendent of Business (formerly with Palos Verdes Unified)
- Marcus Wirowek, Intervention Specialist, FCMAT