The USC Rossier School of Education, in partnership with Digital Advisors, presents the Innovative District Leadership Academy, a course in equity, leadership, innovation, and technology for district teams.
Over the 11-month program, each team will research, analyze, create, and propose an innovative solution to a real need in their district.
Have you struggled to ensure equitable services are being provided to all students since adapting to remote, hybrid, or distance learning?
The Innovative District Leadership Academy (IDLA), a partnership between the USC Rossier School of Education and Digital Advisors, prepares educational leaders to advance equitable outcomes for all students.
Participating in IDLA will help educational leaders:
- Evaluate and overcome the biggest challenges in providing an equitable learning experience for students who are fully remote, hybrid, or on site
- Develop the ability to work in teams to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Explore gaps between their district leaders’ ideas and execution
- Expand their professional network with like-minded problem solvers
- Gain confidence around solving challenges involving technology
Who should enroll? Both non-technical and technical leaders. District teams are highly encouraged.
To receive the USC Innovative District Leader Certificate, you will demonstrate collaborative problem-solving skills and apply a framework for approaching any challenge.
Throughout the journey you will work with industry experts, experienced faculty, and top thought leaders to solve a real challenge in your district. You will present this solution as the capstone of the course, and benefit from seeing the results of other district teams.Apply
Over the 11-month program, each team will research, analyze, create, and propose an innovative solution to a genuine need in their district and practice applying the innovative problem solving mindset to any challenge.
Topics covered in the Academy include:
- Creating Digital Equity for All Community Stakeholders
- Understanding the Post-Pandemic Classroom
- Maximizing Stakeholder Safety in the Online Learning Environment
- Streamlining the Selection, Purchasing, and Implementing of Technology
- Implementing Data Driven Decision Making
All candidates who wish to apply for admission must submit the application, a letter of recommendation, and a current resume.