Fully Integrated Theory and Practice
Master applications of theories and instructional methods in collaboration with experienced guiding teachers in a real classroom
Faculty with Practical Experience
Engage with faculty informed by their own experiences in the field.
Emphasis on High-needs Schools
USC Rossier’s emphasis on high-needs schools prepares educators to address complex education and social issues in any educational setting.
Strong Network of School Leaders
Develop opportunities for job placement within USC Rossier’s strong alumni network, which includes a significant number of superintendents in the state of California.
Technology Literacy Skills
Prepare to leverage new media in curriculum design and learning assessment.
Add-on Specialization Options
Obtain additional specialization in special education, gifted education or bilingual teaching for increased competitiveness in the job market.
Job Search Support
Take advantage of resume support, career fairs and other job search resources on campus.
MAT degree holders pursue teaching positions in a variety of settings and locations. Many pursue long-term careers in teaching, while others assume leadership positions as principals and superintendents.
Graduates of the USC Rossier Master of Arts in Teaching program have obtained positions such as:
- Chemistry teacher and head cross country coach at Diamond Bar High School
- English department chair at the Westmark School in Encino, California
- Bilingual educator and adviser for player development for the Los Angeles Dodgers
- AP U.S. history, government and economics teacher at Downtown College Prep El Primero High School in San Jose, California
- Program specialist for evaluation and assessment for the Orange County Department of Education.
- Adult ELL teacher in the MSD Warren Township in Indianapolis
- Language Arts Teacher in the South San Francisco Unified School District
- Youth outreach specialist at the nonprofit organization Reach Out in Upland, California
- First grade teacher at Sullivans Elementary School, located on Yokosuka Naval Base in Yokosuka, Japan
- Commissioner for the Instructional Quality Commission, an advisory board for the California State Board of education that develops and recommends curriculum, evaluation, criteria, policy and instructional materials
- Dean of instruction at PUC Community Charter Elementary School in Sylmar, Calif.
- Athletic director at KIPP San Jose Collegiate