The inaugural class is limited to 25 students. Admission and scholarship decisions will be made on a rolling basis, with priority given to early applicants. The final date to submit an application is June 30th, 2018.
Please note the following:
- ALL application materials must be submitted by the deadline
- Applicants who submit a complete application early will receive priority consideration for USC Rossier Scholarships
1. Complete the online application
You may save your information and continue to complete your application at any time. If you are applying to multiple programs please indicate this in your application.
- Enter your name as it appears on your government issued ID. Indicate any alternate or previous names in the “other name” field (i.e. maiden name)
- Enter the email address USC Rossier should use to communicate with you throughout the application process
- PLEASE NOTE: The start date for the EMP program has been moved to fall 2018. While the application will only display the option for the original summer start date, all admitted students will begin the program in fall 2018.
2. Request official transcripts
College or university-issued transcripts must be received from all postsecondary institutions you attended (regardless of whether credit or a degree was earned).
Transcript submission is a two-step process:
- Request official transcripts (electronic or hard copy) from each college or university you attended and have them sent to you (printouts from portals are not acceptable)
- Scan and upload these official transcripts into the application system online
- After you submit your application and receive your 10-digit USC ID number, request a second copy of all official transcripts and have them sent directly to USC. You can use one of the following methods to send USC your official transcripts:
Official electronic transcripts are preferred as long as they are from a U.S. institution. Transcripts must be emailed directly from the college or university to the USC Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com.
Hard copy transcripts
Hard copies of official transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended should be sent to the addresses provided below:
University of Southern California
USC Office of Graduate Admission
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
Transcripts must arrive at USC in a sealed envelope from the institution. You may not send transcripts that have been previously opened.
3. Upload a Résumé/CV
Your résumé should be detailed enough to help the admissions committee understand the various experiences – extracurricular, leadership or volunteer – that have shaped your interest in the program.
- Make sure your résumé clearly outlines your role(s) and responsibilities within each organization. Highlight any special achievements or accomplishments
4. Input contact information for recommenders
Ideally, your recommendations should come from current and former supervisors who can comment on the value you have added to your workplaces, or former instructors who can describe your ability to perform well in graduate-level courses.
- Provide the name and email address for each reference who will electronically submit a letter of recommendation. References will receive an email with a password and instructions for submission
- Recommenders must complete the cover sheet and write a letter
- It is your responsibility to ensure all recommendations are submitted by the deadline
5. Write a statement of purpose
The statement of purpose will be used to evaluate program fit.
- Review the instructions in the application and write an essay describing your objectives in pursuing this program. Response should not exceed three pages
6. Record a short video response
The short video response will allow you to describe your identification with USC Rossier mission.
- After you submit your online application, you will be sent an email invitation to a short video prompt
- Record your response using an internet-connected computer with a webcam. Please note that you can only record the response once. Practice questions will be provided. For assistance with the video response, email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Complete a timed writing assessment
The writing assessment will measure your ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills in written form.
- After you submit your online application, you will be sent an email invitation to complete the timed writing assessment
- Once you begin the writing assessment, you will have 30 minutes to compose a concise, well-reasoned response that addresses a problem in enrollment management
8. Submit $90 application fee or obtain fee waiver
- Application fees must be paid via credit or debit card
- An application fee waiver is available to applicants who meet certain eligibility criteria. If you choose to apply for a fee waiver you must:
- Start your online application – do not submit until fee waiver is approved.
- Provide supporting documents to demonstrate qualification.
- Have your fee waiver request approved.
- Complete and submit your online application.
Eligibility criteria and instructions for obtaining a fee waiver can be found at the USC Graduate Admission website.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION
International students whose native language is not English and who completed their undergraduate work outside of the U.S. are required to submit an official TOEFL IBT or IELTS score as part of their application. You must have taken the test within the past two years. In order to be a competitive applicant, you must receive a score at or above 100 iBT. Official test scores should be sent from the testing agency directly to USC. Only scores received directly from the testing service are considered official. USC does not accept self-reported test scores.
- TOEFL: To send scores, use USC’s ETS code 4852
- IELTS: Select “University of Southern California” at the time of registration. Alternatively, provide this information to your testing center after taking the test. Scores are valid if earned within two years of the intended first term at USC
- No department code is required to send TOEFL and IELTS scores
If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, you may also be asked to submit a Financial Statement/Verification of Funds document.
For more information, visit the international student application page.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Once your application is submitted, refer to your USC Rossier personal portal application status tab for updates on your application status (including missing items)
- If your application is complete by the round application deadline, you can expect to receive notification of your admission decision no later than June 15th
If you have any questions, please contact: