All students admitted into the Urban Education Policy program receive a PhD stipend. You must remain in good academic standing according to the terms of your annual contract, and work as research and/or teaching assistants for approximately 20 hours a week throughout the four years of the program.
The assistantship includes:
- $32,000 annual PhD stipend (covers fall, spring and summer for 4 years)
- 12 units of tuition coverage per semester for all required coursework
- Health and dental benefits package
- Annual scholarly advancement fund for participation in academic conferences, research and professional development opportunities
- PC laptop for use while in the program
Students can also apply for loans if they need additional funds to cover living expenses. Please see the USC Financial Aid website for FAFSA deadlines.