AASA/USC Urban Superintendents Academy
A blended learning program supporting urban school district leaders’ development, job search, and coaching and mentorship, as well as providing certification to best meet the needs of school districts with high levels of cultural diversity and broad socio-economic strata.
We are now accepting applications for the 2017-18 AASA/USC Rossier Urban Superintendents Academy!
- Current superintendents and experienced building or central office leaders
- Deputy, associate, or assistant superintendents
- Leaders holding a master’s or doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline, a valid certification or credential as a school administrator, a position in a school district, and accumulated experience of seven or more years in one or more of these positions
- Receive job placement support, including direct access to search firm representatives who will support your job search efforts
- Receive coaching and mentorship from practitioners who have had successful careers in complex districts
- Practice and receive feedback on leading courageous conversations with school boards and other key stakeholders
- Develop a network of professionals with a common goal of seeking improvement locally and nationally
- Receive Urban Superintendent Certification jointly issued by AASA and USC Rossier School of Education