- Current USC Rossier minor(s): Dynamics of Early Childhood, Psychology, and Songwriting.
- Current USC major(s): Economics/ Mathematics
- Aspirations: “I will continue studying education in graduate school, so this program is an invaluable introduction. Thanks to this minor program and professors, students in this program not only gain experience in how to work with children, but also set goals for their future career.”
This minor shows me how various factors like society, schools, and parents affect children, and how to use different approaches to teach children. The philosophy of education I learnt from this program is that even though under the limitation of generalized teaching, individualized methods for each child should be applied, because every child will surprise you with their own talents. I am going to utilize this concept in my future career as well.
Overall, it is the right program to choose if you love kids!
- Current USC Rossier minor(s): Dynamics of Early Childhood
- Current USC major(s): Psychology
- Aspirations: “In the future, I hope to obtain my Masters in Teaching and my California Teaching Credential so that I can be a middle school English teacher.”
When I came to USC, I joined the Joint Educational Project and worked at Foshay Learning Center. During my Sophomore year and through my Junior year, I taught health to 7th grade students with Planned Parenthood. This experience helped me discover that I wanted to teach middle school students. Currently, I work in the Office of Advancement at the Rossier School of Education. This experience has allowed me to learn about each program Rossier has to offer, and the incredible impact they make in the field of education.