Trojan Family Network
USC’s lifelong and worldwide network provides personal and professional support.
Blend of TESOL and traditional teacher preparation methods
The MAT-TESOL curriculum combines the best in proven traditional teaching theories with specific approaches and strategies for language teaching.
Multicultural immersion in Los Angeles
Explore new cultures and develop language skills in one of the most exciting and diverse cities in America.
Hands-on experience teaching in a classroom
Develop your skill as a teacher in the classroom while using a cutting-edge video assessment model to track your progress.
Partnerships with ELL programs for fieldwork placement
Benefit from USC Rossier’s strong network of schools with diverse populations.
Learn the latest online teaching methods for the growing TESOL market online
MAT–TESOL degree holders pursue teaching positions in a variety of settings and locations around the world. Graduates of the USC Rossier MAT–TESOL program pursue careers such as:
- English language teachers in elementary and secondary schools and language centers around the world
- English language teachers in colleges and universities internationally
- Teachers of English Language Development (ELD) in elementary and secondary private schools in the U.S.
- Teachers of English Language Development (ELD) in elementary and secondary public schools in the U.S. (requires teaching credential)
- Teachers of English language in community colleges and university Intensive English Programs in the U.S. (primarily U.S. domestic graduates)
- Teachers of other languages other than English (LOTE) such as Korean, Mandarin, Spanish
- Directors and administrators of ELL/EFL programs
- Founders of new private schools and language centers
- Students in doctoral programs in education, applied linguistics or other related fields in the U.S. and abroad
- Editors and developers of English language materials
- Curriculum specialists in secondary schools and other educational institutions
- Consultants to educational institutions and governmental agencies