Hawaii Cohort Academic Program
USC offers its Doctor of Education (EdD) program in Educational Leadership on-site in Honolulu, Hawaii. The USC EdD program equips practitioner-scholars with the skills needed to lead high-performing organizations, connect research with practice, and help all students to learn. The program is for full-time working professionals with a Master’s degree and at least 3 to 5 years of full-time work experience in an education-related field. Cohorts begin in select years- please contact email@example.com for information.
The Rossier School has an international reputation for producing change agents in urban education, and is especially proud of its long tradition of offering an EdD program on-site in Honolulu. Diverse cohorts provide a multitude of perspectives to inform practice. Hawaii cohort students work in a variety of education careers as teachers, school counselors, higher education faculty, student affairs professionals, and education administrators. Designed for completion in three years, the curriculum is tailored to aspiring leaders in a variety of educational settings.
Cohorts feature a blended concentration of K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings and Higher Education Administration. Courses are taught by members of the Rossier School faculty, who travel to Hawaii to teach and to advise dissertation groups. Academic and writing advisors are available remotely and fly in from Los Angeles to provide in-person services.
The program features distinctive elements, which include:
- Thematic Dissertation groups that support students as they research and complete rigorous, high quality dissertations by the end of their third year of study.
- International study seminar and trip to Asia or Latin America to promote cross-cultural understanding among educators.
- Doctoral Support Center provides academic writing guidance and feedback.
- Personalized advisement and support through EdD Program Office.
- A flexible schedule for working professionals. The course schedule is designed to meet the needs of fully-employed education professionals in Hawaii. Classes take place every other weekend at the Japan-America Institute of Management Science (JAIMS), located in the Honolulu suburb of Hawaii Kai- Fridays 6:00-9:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Diverse cohorts. Students in the Hawaii cohort are drawn from a variety of education fields and careers, including teachers, school counselors, school psychologists, principals, superintendents, higher education faculty, college administrators, student affairs professionals and Hawaii State Department of Education specialists.
- The Trojan Family Network. Rossier has an international reputation for producing change agents in urban education, and is especially proud of its long tradition of offering the Ed.D. program in Hawaii. Graduates join the Trojan Family of USC alumni and friends that extends throughout Hawaii, the continental United States, the Pacific Rim, and worldwide.
View a webinar with details about the USC EdD Hawaii cohort.
Hawaii Academic Program Layout
|Semester||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|