Rossier Dean's Fellowship
B.A. International Relations, Stanford University, 2010
- College access, persistence, and completion
- Low-income, first-generation students
- Higher education policy
Samantha Astudillo is a first-year doctoral student in Urban Education Policy at the Rossier School of Education. Her research interests include factors affecting college persistence and completion for historically underrepresented student populations, including low-income, first-generation students.
Prior to pursuing her doctoral studies, Samantha worked as research analyst in the Center for Education Policy at SRI International, where she conducted research and analysis on mixed-method studies focused on K–16 education reform, and spent a year as a Fulbright Engligh Teaching Assistant in Toluca, México. Samantha earned her bachelor’s degree from Stanford University.
- Research Analyst, Center for Education Policy, SRI International
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant, Toluca, México
- Tyler, N., Astudillo, S., Wolf, R., & McCracken, M. (2016). Evaluation of Rocketship Students’ Middle School Outcomes: Final Report. Menlo Park, CA: SRI International.
- Guha, R., Wolf, B., Tyler, N., & Astudillo, S. (2015). Evaluation of Rocketship Students’ Middle School Outcomes: First-Year Findings. Menlo Park, CA: SRI International
- Warner, M., Caspary, K., Arshan, N., Stites, R., Padilla, C., Park, C., Patel, D., Wolf, B., Astudillo, S., Harless, E., Ammah-Tagoe, N., McCracken, M. & Adelman, N. SRI International. (2015). Taking stock of the California Linked Learning District Initiative. Sixth-year evaluation report. Menlo Park, CA: SRI International.
- Guha, R., Caspary, K., Stites, R., Padilla, C., Arshan, N., Park, C., Tse, V., Astudillo, S., Black, A., & Adelman, N. (2014). Taking stock of the California Linked Learning District Initiative. Fifth-year evaluation report. Menlo Park, CA: SRI International.
- Tiffany-Morales, J., Astudillo, S., Black, A., Comstock, M., & McCaffrey, T. (2013). Preparing for the Common Core: Using performance assessment tasks for professional development (A report from the Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning at WestEd). San Francisco, CA: WestEd.