Elizabeth So Yun Park
Rossier Dean's Fellowship
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Economics and French (minor)
University of Pennsylvania, M.S.Ed, Education Policy
High School to College Pipeline; STEM Education; College Access; Equity; Education Policy; Quantitative Methods; Mixed Methods; Community Colleges; College Outcomes
Elizabeth Park is a Ph.D. candidate in Urban Education Policy at the University of Southern California. Her current studies focus on three areas: increasing minority students' participation in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics fields, success in four year institutions for low income students, and institutional policies and outcomes of English as a Second Language students at community colleges. Her recent work includes a monograph titled: Assessment and Placement Policies and Practices in Developmental Education: Evidence from Experimentation in a Large Urban Community College District in California. Prior to joining USC she worked as a researcher at an education policy evaluation firm called Research for Action. She holds a Master’s degree in Education Policy at the University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor’s degree in Economics at the University of California, Los Angeles
- Park, E., Sludden, J. (2014) Early Childhood Education in Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, PA: Research for Action
- Park E. Duffy, M., Jack, J. (2014). Exploring the Tensions between State-Level Developmental Education Policy and Institutional Implementation: A Case Study of Virginia. Paper presented at the 2014 American Education Research Association Conference.
- Sludden, J., Beaver, J., Park, E., Kumar, A., Jian, G. (2014) Governor Corbett's Expanding Excellence Program. A Policy Note. Philadelphia, PA: Research for Action
- Lacy T.A., Park E., (Nov. 2013) College & Search: Using Google Trends to Assess Postsecondary Information Seeking Behavior. Paper presented at the Association for Study in Higher Education in St. Louis, MO.
- Duffy M., Jack J., Park E., Shaw K. (Aug, 2013). From Policy to Practice: Tracing the Development and Implementation of Placement and Diagnostic Assessments across States, Systems, and Community Colleges; Lessons from Florida and Virginia Community College - Phase 2. Philadelphia: Research For Action.
- Park, E.S. (Nov., 2015). Assessment and placement policies and practices in developmental math: Evidence from experimentation in a Large Urban Community College District in California. USC Pullias Center for Higher Education.