Faculty by Program
At the USC Rossier School of Education we combine the best findings from internationally recognized research with hands-on experience in educational settings. Our renowned faculty are committed to preparing the next generation of scholars and education researchers through excellence in teaching and effective mentorship, both in and out of the classroom. It is critical that the research interests of our students match those of one or more of the faculty listed below to ensure appropriate mentorship. Graduates complete our PhD program fully prepared for careers in the nation’s leading research universities.
- Global EdD
- MAT TESOL
- ME PASA
- ME Ed Counseling
- ME School Leadership
- EdD in Organizational Change and Leadership
- ME Teacher Leadership
- Ron Avi Astor Educational PsychologyExpert in school violence and bullying across cultures Military Connected Public Schools email@example.com
- Estela Mara Bensimon Higher EducationHigher education expert specializing in promotion and tenure, leadership diversity and cultural change within institutions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dominic J. Brewer K-12 Education PolicyExpert on education policy and the economics of education email@example.com
- Patricia Burch K-12 Education Policyeducation policy, intersection of public and private partnerships in education, evaluation of policy implementation and impact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darnell Cole Higher EducationExpert on college student experiences and performance, including those of African American, Latino, Muslim and Asian students email@example.com
- Alicia C. Dowd Higher EducationExpert in higher education focusing on community colleges, education equity and financial aid firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guilbert C. Hentschke K-12 Education PolicyEducation reform expert specializing in charter schools, corporate involvement in public schools and integrated services for youth. email@example.com
- Adrianna Kezar Higher EducationAn expert on higher education, leadership and diversity. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Marsh K-12 Education PolicyExpert in K-12 education policy, including accountability, teacher incentive programs, data-driven reforms, school district reform, social promotion, literacy coaching email@example.com
- Tatiana Melguizo Higher EducationExpert in higher education, affirmative action, community colleges, and college graduation rates. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawrence O. Picus K-12 Education PolicyExpert in the public financing of schools email@example.com
- Morgan Polikoff K-12 Education PolicyK-12 education policy; common core standards; assessment policy; alignment among instruction, curriculum materials, standards and assessments; and the measurement of classroom instruction. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marleen C. Pugach Teacher EducationTeacher education for urban schools, situating special education within the larger framework of diversity in the reform of teacher education, inclusive teacher education, and dual licensure programs in teacher education email@example.com
- Robert Rueda Educational PsychologyExpert in literacy, urban education, and language minority students in special education firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gale M. Sinatra Educational PsychologyLearning Theory, Knowledge Construction, Conceptual Change Learning, Literacy Acquisition, Assessment, and Comprehension. email@example.com
- John Brooks Slaughter Higher EducationExpert in higher education and leadership firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamy Stillman Teacher EducationEducation for students representing historically marginalized groups, including English Learners; teacher education and teacher learning; teachers’ and teacher educators’ navigation of educational policy; elementary language arts/ literacy email@example.com
- Katharine Strunk K-12 Education PolicyAn expert on teachers’ unions, California school financing, and school boards firstname.lastname@example.org
- William G. Tierney Higher EducationExpert on higher education, including policy, faculty, culture and minorities. email@example.com
- Brendesha Tynes Educational PsychologySocial media, cyberbullying, racial discrimination, identity, adolescent development in urban schools and online contexts firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Gerald Keim EdDEducational Psychologyrkeim@usc.edu
- Claudia G. Pineda Educational Psychologyc.email@example.com
- Artineh Samkian Higher Educationsamkian@rossier.usc.edu
- Helena Seli Educational PsychologyExpert in educational psychology, including motivation, procrastination and the social factors influencing learning firstname.lastname@example.org
ME Ed CounselingNo faculty found.
ME School LeadershipNo faculty found.
- Mary Andres Educational PsychologyAn expert on couples' counseling, sexuality and drug abuse email@example.com
- Ruth Gim Chung Educational PsychologyAsian American acculturation: Theory and measurement. Intergenerational conflict and adjustment issues in Asian American immigrant families. Cultural psychology and multicultural counseling. Measurement and assessment. Teaching of statistics and research methods. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ginger Clark Educational PsychologyExpert in family and child therapy and counseling, with a focus on women’s email@example.com
EdD in Organizational Change and LeadershipNo faculty found.
ME Teacher LeadershipNo faculty found.