Dean’s Superintendents Advisory Group
Established in 1980 by Ed Dundon, the Dean’s Superintendents Advisory Group (DSAG) provides an opportunity for a growing group of superintendents to consult with the Dean, network with other superintendents in California, and recruit aspiring superintendents to join the USC family. DSAG elected Frank Cosca PhD ’80 as its first president in 1991. Today DSAG has approximately 200 members.
DSAG Priorities Include:
- DSAG Awards Dinner (January)
- Spring DSAG Meeting (April/May)
- Leadership Conference (July)
- DSAG @ Associates Picnic (September)
- Fall DSAG Meeting (September/October)
- Gunn Marie Hanson MS ’96 PhD ’00 was named superintendent for Orange Unified School District
- Sherryl Carter EdD ’17 was named superintendent for the East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program and Technical Center
- Paul Gothold EdD ’17 was appointed superintendent of schools for the San Diego County Office of Education.
- Brett Geithman EdD ’09 was named superintendent at Larkspur-Corte Madera School District.
- David Haglund EdD ’09 was named superintendent of schools for Pleasanton Unified School District.
- Betsy Hamilton EdD ’12 was named superintendent of Lawndale Elementary School District.
- Crystal Turner EdD ’13 was named superintendent of Saddleback Valley Unified School District.
- Ruben Zepeda EdD ’05 was named superintendent of Keppel Union School District in Pearblossom, California.
- Joshua Arnold EdD ’13 was named superintendent of Culver City Unified School District.
- Stefanie Phillips EdD ’05 was named superintendent of the Santa Ana Unified School District, the seventh largest school district in California.
- Michelle Rodriguez EdD ’12 was named superintendent of Pajaro Valley Unified School District in Watsonville, California.
- Carolyn Seaton EdD ’16 was named superintendent of Orinda Union School District.
- Ken Gibbs EdD ’99 was named superintendent of the Porterville Unified School District.
- Cuauhtemoc Avila EdD ’11 was named superintendent of the Rialto Unified School District.
- Richard Sheehan EdD ’02 was named superintendent of the Covina-Valley Unified School District.
- Hasmik Danielian EdD ’09 was named superintendent of the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District.
- Kevin Baxter EdD ’04 was named director and superintendent of Catholic schools for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- Chuck Hinman EdD ’02 was appointed superintendent of the West Covina Unified School District.
- Mark Johnson EdD ’11 was appointed superintendent of the Fountain Valley School District.
- David Verdugo EdD ’05 was named executive director for the California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators (CALSA).
- Catherine Kawaguchi EdD ’14 was named superintendent of the Sulphur Springs Union Elementary School District.
- Melissa Moore EdD ’14 was named superintendent of the El Segundo Unified School District.
- Rick Bagley EdD ’13 was appointed superintendent of the Ross Valley School District.
- Alex Cherniss EdD ’08 was named superintendent of the San Marino Unified School District.
DSAG Hall of Fame Inductees
|2018||John Roach EdD ’88|
|2017||Maria Ott PhD ‘94|
|2016||Michael Escalante EdD ‘02|
|2015||Pedro Garcia EdD ’83|
|2014||Jack McLaughlin MS ’65 PhD ’68 and Michael J. McLaughlin PhD ’77|
|2013||Karen Symms Gallagher|
|2012||Thomas C. Halvorsen EdD ’80|
|2011||Steven Fish EdD ’97|
|2010||Rudy Castruita EdD ’82|
|2009||Darline Robles PhD ’93|
|2008||Mike Caston MS ’73 EdD ’80 PhD ’81|
|2007||Carol Wilson PhD ’80|
|2006||Robert French ’52 PhD ’69|
|2005||Stuart Gothold EdD ’74|
For more information please contact:
Director of Alumni Engagement